How can I elevate not only being technology savvy and creative, but sincere, authentic, empathetic and honest when building relationship capital… so I stand out and make a difference in my work and life?
Our guest, Judy Herbst help you know your unique value, and your point of difference that sets you apart and build from there.
Judy is the Executive Director of Savvy Ladies at https://www.savvyladies.org/
When we think of becoming successful in our careers, we usually think of solo achievements. But according to today’s guest, Judy Herbst, cultivating relationships is one of the main ways we can advance our careers and set ourselves up for financial and personal freedom.
Judy has worked in marketing at some of the recognized legacy brands in the country, including Tiffany & Co. and American Girl. Through her experience getting furloughed during the pandemic and volunteering at Savvy Ladies, she found that networking can land you your dream job.
Now the Executive Director of Savvy Ladies, a non-profit organization focused on financial literacy, Judy spends her days teaching women the importance of building relationships and investing in their future.
Women often lack the education on planning their career path, as well as retirement and investment options. Whether it’s joining an organization, volunteering your time or attending webinars, we need to make the time to build our personal brand and market ourselves.
In this episode, you’ll learn how networking and investing time into your success can take your career to the next level!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Judy’s career and journey to Savvy Ladies
- Investing in your future and retirement
- Judy offers tips to cultivate relationships
- Free places to publish or build a presence
- The biggest challenge women face in boosting their brand
- Pitching to Savvy Ladies and other organizations
- How Savvy Ladies help women find their confidence
- What gets Judy excited about working at Savvy Ladies
- The importance of financial literacy
- How technology is advancing Savvy Ladies and its initiatives
- Savvy Ladies and partnerships
- More tips to women on building relationship capital
Find Judy on LinkedIn and check out Savvy Ladies: https://www.savvyladies.org/
Have questions after this discussion? Book a call with Bernadette to talk about next steps in helping you to be a stronger, more confident you! http://coachmebernadette.com/discoverycall
Connect with Bernadette:
You can hear more episodes like this on Apple Podcasts or Spotify